The top 4, Oklahoma, LSU, Alabama and Boise State kept their winning ways, with both Oklahoma (at Florida State) and LSU (at Mississippi State) doing it over ranked opponents. The biggest news was probably Ohio State, for the first time in nearly 7 years, are out of the rankings. Their streak of rankings appearances was the longest in the nation, ended due to their highly anticipated visit to Miami, losing 24-6.
1. Oklahoma Sooners, 2-0 (37 First place votes) – A huge win in Tallahassee for the Sooners over Florida State, 23-13, keeping them at the top spot and actually getting a few votes.
2. LSU Tigers, 3-0 (17) – LSU opened the weekend with a big win over Mississippi State in Starkville with some amazing defense. They got the 19-6 win and jumped up a spot.
3. Alabama Crimson Tide, 3-0 (7) – An easy home win for Nick Saban’s guys, beating North Texas 41-0. Trent Richardson ran for 167 yards and 3 Touchdowns.
4. Boise State Broncos, 2-0 (2) – Kellen Moore threw for 455 yards and 5 TD, beating Toledo 40-15.
5. Stanford Cardinal, 3-0 – Another impressive Andrew Luck performance bumped Stanford up a spot as they beat Arizona 37-10 in Tuscon.
6. Wisconsin Badgers, 3-0 – The cream of the big ten had an easy Saturday against Northern Illinois, winning 49-7 and moving up a spot.
7. Oklahoma State Cowboys, 3-0 – In a very very late played game (past midnight), the Cowboys had another shootout, beating Tulsa 59-33 to move them up a spot from last week.
8. Texas A&M Aggies, 2-0 – An easy home win for A&M, beating Idaho 37-7.
9. Nebraska Cornhuskers, 3-0 – Not the most impressive of wins, 51-38 over Washington, but enough for Nebraska to jump up two spots.
10. Oregon Ducks, 2-1 – LaMichael James ran for over 200 yards in a 56-7 demolition of Missouri State as the Ducks moved up two spots.
11. Florida State Seminoles, 2-1 – Dropped six spots after their home 13-23 loss against Oklahoma.
12. South Carolina Gamecocks, 3-0 – Didn’t really impress with another tough 24-21 win over Navy, dropping two spots.
13. Viginia Tech Hokies, 3-0 – The best of the ACC beat Arkansas State 26-7, keeping them at 13.
14. Arkansas Razorbacks, 3-0 – Also remained still with an unimpressive 38-28 win over Troy with Ronnie Wingo Jr. scoring three TD.
15. Florida Gators, 3-0 – A 33-23 win over big rivals but troubled Tennessee moved the Gators up a spot.
16. West Virginia Mountaineers, 3-0 – A huge day from Geno Smith with 388 passing yards got the Mountaineers over Maryland with a tough 37-31 away win, keeping WVU at 16.
17. Baylor Bears, 2-0 – There was no fourth quarter, but the Bears had enough time to destroy SF Austin 48-0. No move.
18. South Florida Bulls, 3-0 – A big 70-17 win over Florida A&M moved the Bulls up two spots.
19. Texas Longhorns, 3-0 – A 49-20 win over UCLA in California moved Texas up four spots.
20. TCU Horned Frogs, 2-1 – TCU won their 21st consecutive home game, beating LA Monroe 38-17, moving up 3 spots.
21. Clemson Tigers, 3-0 – A huge 38-24 win over Auburn, ending the other Tigers’ 17 game winning streak put the other South Carolina team in the rankings for the first time this season.
22. Michigan Wolverines, 3-0 – Another impressive outing from Denard Robinson (198 rushing yards) put Michigan in the rankings for the first time this season with a 31-3 win over Eastern Michigan.
23. USC Trojans, 3-0 – A 38-17 win over Syracuse with Matt Barkley throwing 5 TD passes put the Trojans in the rankings for the first time.
24. Illinois Fighting Illini, 3-0 – A big defensive day, beating ranked Arizona State 17-14, put the team in the top 25 for the first time this season.
25. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 3-0 – The Yellow Jackets produced 768 yards of offense, beating Kansas 66-24.
Dropped from rankings – Michigan State, Ohio State, Auburn, Arizona State, Mississippi State.