The top 25 is once again headed by Ohio State following week 5 but they’re losing first place votes after an unimpressive win over lowly Indiana. TCU and Baylor are picking up steam thanks to big Big 12 wins, Utah join the top 5 without even playing, Clemson enter the top 10 after beating Notre Dame, who suffer a massive drop, just like Ole Miss and UCLA. Toledo and Iowa make their rankings debut, while Wisconsin, Mississippi State and West Virginia get dropped.
1. Ohio State Buckeyes (38 first place votes), 5-0: The Buckeyes keep winning but losing first place votes, not impressing too much in a 34-27 win over Indiana.
2. TCU Horned Frogs (5), 5-0: A two spot rise for TCU, beating Texas 50-7 to impress the voters.
3. Baylor Bears (10), 4-0: As expected, their game against Texas Tech (63-35) was an offensive monster, helping them rise two spots.
4. Michigan State Spartans, 4-0: Fell two spots following a disappointing 24-21 win over Purdue.
5. Utah Utes (7), 4-0: Climb five spots despite not even playing.
6. Clemson Tigers, 4-0: A 24-22 win over Notre Dame gives them a six spot boost.
7. LSU Tigers, 4-0: Climb two spots after beating Eastern Michigan 44-22 as Leonard Fournette keeps shattering rushing records.
8. Alabama Crimson Tide, 4-1: A 38-10 win on the road against Georgia puts them back in the discussion, including a five-spot rise.
9. Texas A&M Aggies (1), 5-0: Another impressive performance, this time 30-17 against Mississippi State, helps them climb five spots.
10. Oklahoma Sooners, 4-0: Their 44-24 win over West Virginia propels them into the top 10, a rise of five spots.
11. Florida Gators, 5-0: Haven’t been taken seriously for a whole, but it’s hard not to after they beat #3 ranked Ole Miss 38-10, helping them climb 14 spots.
12. Florida State Seminoles, 4-0: Fell one spot following their 24-16 win over Wake Forest.
13. Northwestern Wildcats, 5-0: Shut out Minnesota 27-0 to climb three more spots up the polls.
14. Ole Miss Rebels, 4-1: An 11-spot drop for the Rebels after getting crushed 38-10 by Florida.
15. Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 4-1: Almost beat the odds again, but playing with the backup quarterback hurts you, and the Irish finally fell in Clemson (24-22), falling nine spots.
16. Stanford Cardinal, 4-1: A two spot climb for Stanford after a 55-17 win over Arizona.
17. USC Trojans, 3-1: Didn’t play, didn’t move.
18. Michigan Wolverines, 4-1: Another shutout win for the Wolverines, gaining momentum and fast, beating Maryland 28-0 on the road.
19. Georgia Bulldogs, 4-1: Fell 11 spots after a home drubbing by Alabama, 38-10.
20. UCLA Bruins, 4-1: A 13-spot fall for UCLA after losing at home to Arizona State 38-23.
21. Oklahoma State Cowboys, 5-0: Narrowly beat Kansas State 36-34, causing a one spot drop.
22. Iowa Hawkeyes, 5-0: Ranked for the first time this season following their 10-6 win over Wisconsin in Madison.
23. California Golden Bears, 5-0: A one spot climb for California following a 34-28 win over Washington State.
24. Toledo Rockets, 4-0: Beat Ball State 24-10 and entered the rankings for the first time this season.
25. Boise State Broncos, 4-1: Back in the rankings following a 55-0 win over Hawai’i.
Dropped from rankings: Wisconsin, Mississippi State, West Virginia.