This is an SEC West world with four teams in the top 5: Number one Mississippi State, followed by Ole Miss, Alabama and Auburn, with number two Florida State ruining the sweep. Oregon are the top team from the Pac-12 at number 6 following their win over Washington, Notre Dame didn’t take too much of a hit from their first loss while the Big 12 has just one team in the top 10 with a one loss TCU representing.
1. Mississippi State Bulldogs (6-0, 43 First Place Votes): Didn’t play, didn’t move.
2. Florida State Seminoles (7-0, 14): A big 31-27 win over Notre Dame thanks to a controversial call keeps the champions undefeated.
3. Ole Miss Rebels (7-0, 3): A 34-3 win over Tennessee keeps them in the same spot.
4. Alabama Crimson Tide (6-1): A three spot climb thanks to a 59-0 win over Texas A&M.
5. Auburn Tigers (5-1): Didn’t play, yet still moved up one spot.
6. Oregon Ducks (6-1): An impressive 45-20 win over Washington helped them get a three-spot bump.
7. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (6-1): Fell only two spots after a 31-27 loss at Florida State.
8. Michigan State Spartans (6-1): A comfortable 56-17 win over Indiana keeps them on top of the Big Ten and in the same spot as last week.
9. Georgia Bulldogs (6-1): A one spot rise after a 45-32 road win over Arkansas.
10. TCU Horned Frogs (5-1): A fantastic 42-9 beatdown of Oklahoma State puts them back in the top ten, rising a couple of spots.
11. Kansas State Wildcats (5-1): Beating Oklahoma in Norman again (31-30) helps them climb three spots.
12. Baylor Bears (6-1): An eight spot drop for the Bears after losing 41-27 at West Virginia.
13. Ohio State Buckeyes (5-1): A 56-17 win over Rutgers didn’t move them up or down.
14. Arizona State Sun Devils (5-1): A big 26-10 win over Stanford helps bump them up three spots.
15. Arizona Wildcats (5-1): Rising one spot without playing.
16. Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-1): Rose three spots after a 38-17 win over Northwestern.
17. Oklahoma Sooners (5-2): Fell six spots after terrible kicking and losing at home 31-30 to Kansas State.
18. East Carolina Pirates (5-1): Didn’t play, didn’t move.
19. Utah Utes (5-1): A one spot rise after a 29-23 road win over Oregon State.
20. USC Trojans (5-2): A 56-28 win over Colorado helped them rise a couple of spots.
21. Clemson Tigers (5-2): Climbed three spots after winning on the road against Boston College 17-13.
22. West Virginia Mountaineers (5-2): In the rankings for the first time this season, climbing nine spots thanks to their 41-27 win over Baylor.
23. Marshall Thundering Herd (7-0): Still perfect and up two spots from last week after beating FIU 45-13.
24. LSU Tigers (6-2): Back in the rankings, climbing three spots, following a 41-3 win over Kentucky.
25. UCLA Bruins (5-2): Bounced back from two straight losses by barely beating California 36-34.
Dropped from rankings: Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Stanford.