Copa America Centenario – Day 12 Results & Final Group Tables (Chile vs Panamá, Argentina vs Bolivia)Posted on 15 Jun, 2016, by Peter in Soccer
While Argentina beating Bolivia and Chile winning against Panama, Group D has completed its three matches, and we have our 8 teams in the Copa America quarter finals.
And the quarter finals matches will be:
- United States (1st in Group A) vs Ecuador (2nd in Group B)
- Peru (1st in Group B) vs Colombia (2nd in Group A)
- Mexico (1st in Group C) vs Chile (2nd in Group D)
- Argentina (1st in Group D) vs Venezuela (2nd in Group C)
And for the two matches that completed the group stage:
Chile 4 Panama 2: One of the more enjoyable matches of this tournament, if not the most fun to watch. Miguel Camargo opened the scoring in the 5th minute, but the fantastic Eduardo Vargas scored twice in the first half to put Chile in the driver’s seat. Vargas did most of the work on Chile’s third goal (50th minute), setting up a beautiful finish by Alexis Sanchez. Panama got back in the match through Abdiel Arroyo with 15 minutes to go, but a Sanchez header in the 89th minute finished Panama’s hopes and dreams of making it into the next round.
Argentina 3 Bolivia 0: Argentina didn’t rest their players, and had no problem dispatching of Bolivia, a strong contender for the weakest team in the tournament. Argentina finished the job in the first 32 minutes, with goals from Erik Lamela, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Victor Cuesta, setting up a perfect group stage for Argentina, the only side to win all three matches. Bolivia join Jamaica and Haiti in finishing with 0 points.
Group D Table
|1||Argentina||3||3||0||0||10||1||+9||9||Advance to knockout stage|
- Lionel Messi (Argentina), Philippe Coutinho (Brazil): 3 goals
- Renato Augusto (Brazil), Alexis Sanchez (Chile) Arturo Vidal (Chile), Eduardo Vargas (Chile), James Rodríguez (Colombia), Enner Valencia (Ecuador), Blas Pérez (Panamá), Clint Dempsey (United States): 2 goals
- 44 different players with one goal each