In his first (and only?) season with the Charlotte Hornets, Jeremy Lin had a number of big games that stood out among a mostly positive season, that once again showed how great of a player he is when used correctly.
Lin had quite a lot of good games, and plenty in which he and the second unit bailed the Hornets out of terrible starts. But there are six games that stood out during this season: The first two wins over the Heat in the playoffs, turning it into a series, and the team’s four biggest regular season wins in terms of degree of difficulty: Over the Cavaliers, Spurs, Raptors and on the road against the Celtics.
6. Lin scoring 35 points against the Raptors, starting for Nicolas Batum. He scored 5 points during overtime, as the Hornets won 109-99
Full stat line: 47 minutes, 35 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks. He shot 13-for-22 from the field, 2-for-5 from three, 7-for-9 from the line.
5. Lin scoring 21 points in game 4 of the playoff series against the Miami Heat, holding down the fort in the first half as the Hornets tied the series with a 89-85 win
Full stat line: 21 points in 34 minutes, 3 assists, 2 steals. Lin shot 6-for-10 from the field, 1-for-3 from three, 8-for-9 from the line.
4. Lin scoring 18 points in game 3 of the playoff series against the Miami Heat, being the mastermind behind a 18-0 run in the second quarter that gave the Hornets their first win in the series, winning 96-80
Full stat line: 18 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal. He shot 7-for-16 from the field, 2-for-3 from beyond the arc, all in just 26 minutes.
3. Lin scoring 24 points in a win over the Cleveland Cavaliers. He started instead of Walker, leading the Hornets to their only win this season against the Cavs
Full stat line: 24 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists. He shot 7-for-13 from the field, 2-for-4 from beyond the arc, 8-for-11 from the line.
2. Lin finishing with 29 points in 31 minutes against the San Antonio Spurs, helping the Hornets erase a 23-point deficit and win 91-88. He scored 15 points in the final quarter
Full stat line: 29 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal. He shot 11-for-18 from the field, 4-for-4 from three, 3-for-3 from the line.
1. Lin scoring 25 points in a 114-100 road win over the Boston Celtics in what was almost like a home game for him, leading the Hornets to 39 points in the second quarter
Full stat line in this game: 25 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, 1 block in 39 minutes. Shot 7-for-14 from the field, 10-for-10 from the line.