No changes in the elite four of the AP Poll’s top 25, keeping the unimpressive Florida State as the number one team in the nation, followed by Alabama, Oregon and still Mississippi State. Ole Miss fell 10 spots after their loss, which made sure they are just like Auburn now – in a position to spoil it for their big rivals in rivalry week and nothing more.
1. Florida State Seminoles (37 First Place Votes), 11-0: Despite the criticism and the unimpressive form, the Seminoles remain number one following their 20-17 win over Boston College.
2. Alabama Crimson Tide (21), 10-1: An easy afternoon against Western Carolina (48-14) didn’t move them anywhere.
3. Oregon Ducks (2), 10-1: Oregon served Colorado their annual beatdown at the hands of the Ducks, winning 44-10 while Marcus Mariota set some new records.
4. Mississippi State, 10-1: The Bulldogs had no problem beating Vanderbilt 51-0, remaining where they were a week ago.
5. Baylor Bears, 9-1: A one spot rise for Baylor after another impressive offensive performance against Oklahoma State, winning 49-28.
6. TCU Horned Frogs, 9-1: Didn’t play, fell down a spot.
7. Ohio State Buckeyes, 10-1: Needed some time to create some separation from Indiana, eventually winning 42-27, not moving anywhere.
8. Georgia Bulldogs, 9-2: Rose one spot after an easy 55-9 win over Charleston Southern.
9. UCLA Bruins, 9-2: One win away from winning the Pac-12 South after beating USC 38-20, rising a couple of spots.
10. Michigan State, 9-2: Stayed put after a 45-3 win over Rutgers.
11. Kansas State Wildcats, 8-2: Came through with a tough 26-20 road win against West Virginia, moving them up one spot.
12. Arizona Wildcats, 9-2: A big win over Utah on the road (42-10) helped Arizona move up three spots.
13. Arizona State Sun Devils, 9-2: Won 52-31 against Washington State, keeping them where they were.
14. Wisconsin Badgers, 9-2: Beat Iowa 26-24 to remain in pole position for the Big Ten West title, not moving in the polls.
15. Auburn Tigers, 8-3: A 31-7 win over Samford moved them one spot in the right direction a week before the Iron Bowl.
16. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 9-2: Didn’t play, still moved up one spot.
17. Missouri Tigers, 9-2: Moved up a couple of spots after a 29-21 win on the road against Tennessee.
18. Ole Miss Rebels, 8-3: A 10-spot drop for the Rebels after getting destroyed 30-0 by Arkansas.
19. Marshall Thundering Herd, 11-0: Managed to hold off UAB with a 23-18 win, but it actually cost them in the polls.
20. Oklahoma Sooners, 8-3: Moved up three spots after a 44-7 win over Kansas.
21. Colorado State, 10-1: A 58-20 win over New Mexico moved them up even further, by one spot.
22. Minnesota Golden Gophers, 8-3: A big 28-24 road win over Nebraska puts them one win away from winning the division, not to mention putting them back in the rankings.
23. Clemson Tigers, 8-3: Back in the rankings following a win over Georgia State, beating them 28-0.
24. Louisville Cardinals, 8-3: Back in the top 25 after a narrow but important 31-28 win over Notre Dame.
25. Boise State Broncos, 9-2: A 63-14 win against Wymoing puts them back in the rankings.
Dropped from rankings: Utah, Nebraska, USC, Duke