LSU, Alabama and Oklahoma remained as the top 3 teams in the nation for yet another week. In fact, the entire top 10 didn’t budge, while Kansas State, with the recently out of retirement Bill Snyder, got their highest rankings since 2004, reaching no.12 with their perfect 6-0 record.
Michigan (losing to Michigan State), Illinois (losing to Ohio State), Georgia Tech (losing to Virginia), all lost their perfect records.
1. LSU Tigers, 7-0 (41 First Place Voted) – Another impressive win for the no.1 team in the land over SEC rivals, beating the Vols in Tennessee 38-7.
2. Alabama Crimson Tide, 7-0 (11) – Trent Richardson ran wild again, this time over Ole Miss, scoring four touchdowns and gaining 183 yards in the 52-7 win by Alabama.
3. Oklahoma Sooners, 6-0 (6) – Oklahoma beat Kansas 47-17 remaining perfect, as Wide Receiver Ray Broyles caught two touchdown passes and finishing with 217 receiving yards.
4. Wisconsin Badgers, 6-0 – A big home win over Indiana, 59-7, highlighted by Montee Ball’s three rushing touchdowns.
5. Boise State Broncos, 6-0 (1) – Consistent with that one vote they keep getting, the Broncos beat up Colorado State in a 63-13 win, with Kellen Moore throwing for four touchdowns and Doug Martin running for three.
6. Oklahoma State Cowboys, 6-0 – The next Oklahoma team to beat Texas, although not as convincingly, the Cowboys won 38-26 against the Longhorns.
7. Stanford Cardinal, 6-0 – More Andrew Luck (336 yards, four touchdowns) as Stanford won their 14th consecutive game, beating Washington State 44-14.
8. Clemson Tigers, 7-0 – The best in the ACC climbed out of a 18 point hole to beat Maryland 56-45. Andre Ellington ran for 212 yards and two touchdowns.
9. Oregon Ducks, 5-1 – The first one loss team in the rankings beat another ranked Pac-12 foe, beating Arizona State 41-27.
10. Arkansas Razorbacks, 5-1 – Didn’t play.
11. West Virginia Mountaineers, 5-1 – Didn’t play, but jumped up two spots.
12. Kansas State Wildcats, 6-0 – Moved up 5 spots after a big 41-34 win over Texas Tech with quarterback Collin Klein running for 11o yards and three touchdowns.
13. Nebraska Cornhuskers, 5-1 – Didn’t play, moved up a spot.
14. South Carolina Gamecocks, 6-1 – Struggled to beat Mississippi State 14-12, moving them up a spot.
15. Michigan State Spartans, 5-1 – Jumped up eight spots after a big win in their rivalry match against Michigan, beating the Wolverines 28-14.
16. Virginia Tech Hokies, 6-1 – A 38-17 win over Wake Forest after a terrible start, moving them three places in the right direction.
17. Texas A&M Aggies, 4-2 – A big 55-28 win over ranked Baylor moved the Aggies up four spots, as Ryan Tannehill threw for 415 yards and six touchdown passes.
18. Michigan Wolverines, 6-1 – No longer undefeated, dropping seven spots after the 28-14 loss against Michigan State.
19. Auburn Tigers, 5-2 – Won an UGLY 17-6 game against Florida, moving up five spots.
20. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 6-1 – No longer undefeated as well, stunned by Virginia who got 270 yards on the ground en route to a 24-21 win, dropping the Yellow Jackets eight spots.
21. Houston Cougars, 6-0 – Didn’t play, but still jumped four spots up the rankings.
22. Washington Huskies, 5-1 – A 52-24 win over Colorado brought the Huskies into the rankings.
23. Illinois Fighting Illini, 6-1 – Another team no longer perfect, Illinois lost to Ohio State 17-7, falling seven spots.
24. Georgia Bulldogs, 5-2 – A 33-28 win over Vanderbilt, their fifth straight win after the terrible start, got them back into the rankings.
24. Arizona State Sun Devils, 5-2 (Tied with Georgia) – Fell six spots after losing to Oregon 41-27.
Dropped from the rankings – Baylor and Texas.