The big change in the AP Poll comes for Oregon, rising to the number three spot while Mississippi State, Florida State and Alabama stay put. Auburn and Michigan State slide away, TCU and Baylor close in on the final four while Oklahoma are out of the top 25 for the first time in five years, replaced by the likes of Colorado State and Georgia Tech, finding themselves back in the rankings.
1. Mississippi State Bulldogs (48 First Place Votes), 9-0: An easy win against UT Martin to keep them on top, a 45-16 victory.
2. Florida State Seminoles (12), 9-0: Didn’t play a ranked team but still didn’t have an easy time, coming away with a 34-20 victory against Louisville.
3. Oregon Ducks, 9-1: The big movers this week, although only by two spots, following a big 51-27 win on the road against Utah.
4. Alabama Crimson Tide, 8-1: A 20-13 overtime win in Death Valley over LSU wasn’t enough to move them up the charts.
5. TCU Horned Frogs, 8-1: Moved up a spot thanks to their 41-20 win over Kansas State.
6. Baylor Bears, 8-1: A four-spot jump for the Bears after a historic 48-14 win over Oklahoma in Norman.
7. Arizona State Sun Devils, 8-1: A convincing 55-31 win over Notre Dame in the desert helped them rise four spots.
8. Ohio State Buckeyes, 8-1: The Buckeyes are up five spots after beating Michigan State 49-37 in the huge Big Ten game.
9. Auburn Tigers, 7-2: Lost at home to unranked Texas A&M, 41-38, costing them six spots in the polls.
10. Ole Miss Rebels, 8-2: Climbed up two spots after a 48-0 win over Presbyterian.
11. Nebraska Cornhuskers, 8-1: Didn’t play yet still rose four spots.
12. Michigan State Spartans, 7-2: Losing for the second time this season, 49-37 to Ohio State, cost them five spots.
13. Kansas State Wildcats, 7-2: Lost their first conference game of the season, 41-20 at TCU, falling four spots.
14. UCLA Bruins, 8-2: A 44-30 road win over Washington helped them jump up four spots.
15. Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 7-2: Fell down seven spots after losing 31-55 at Arizona State.
16. Georgia Bulldogs, 7-2: A 63-31 road win over Kentucky was a nice way to bounce back from losing to Florida, moving up a spot.
17. Arizona Wildcats, 7-2: Rose four spots after a 38-20 win over Colorado.
18. Clemson Tigers, 7-2: A Thursday night win over Wake Forest (34-20) helped them climb up a spot.
19. Duke Blue Devils, 8-1: A three spot rise for the stunning Blue Devils, beating Syracuse 27-10 on the road.
20. LSU Tigers, 7-3: Lost at home to Alabama 20-13, costing them a six-spot slide down the polls.
21. Marshall Thundering Herd, 9-0: A two spot climb for Marshall, beating Southern Miss 63-17.
22. Wisconsin Badgers, 7-2: The Badgers rushed their way to a 34-16 win over Purdue, rising three spots.
23. Colorado State Rams, 9-1: A surprising non-power conference team, making its first appearance this season following a 49-22 win over Hawai’i. It’s their first time on the AP Poll since the preseason rankings for the 2003 season.
24. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 8-2: Another team bursting into the rankings following a 56-23 win over North Carolina State.
25. Utah Utes, 6-3: A five spot drop due to their 27-51 home loss to Oregon.
Dropped from rankings: Oklahoma, West Virginia