A week without too much motion, as Alabama stay on top of the college football world after an easy win against Fresno State. Oklahoma move up after winning in Ohio State, Georgia get a small bounce too after their victory in South Bend. As a result, Notre Dame fall outside the top 25, while UCLA get to be the team that replaces them.
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0, 58 first place votes): A comfortable 41-10 win for the Tide over Fresno State keeps them at the top of college football according to the voters.
2. Oklahoma Sooners (2-0, 2): The Sooners rise three spots up the rankings thanks to their impressive, 31-16 revenge win in Columbus over Ohio State.
3. Clemson Tigers (2-0, 1): The defending national champions won an ugly game against Auburn, beating the SEC tigers 14-6 despite producing less than 300 yards of offense.
4. USC Trojans (2-0): The Trojans rise a couple of spots thanks to their big win over Stanford, winning 42-24 as Sam Darnold made a strong, Heisman kind of statement.
5. Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0): The defending Big Ten champions looked good in their 33-14 win over Pittsburgh, but unfortunate circumstances meant they actually dropped a spot.
6. Washington Huskies (2-0): The Huskies climbed one spot in the rankings, easily beating Montana 63-7.
7. Michigan Wolverines (2-0): Michigan waited until the final quarter to finish off Cincinnati in a 36-14 win that moves them up a spot.
8. Ohio State Buckeyes (1-1): A six-spot fall for the Buckeyes, which means the voters haven’t lost too much faith in them despite the 16-31 home loss to Oklahoma.
9. Oklahoma State Cowboys (2-0): Thanks to a 44-7 win on the road against South Alabama, the Cowboys are up a couple of spots.
10. Wisconsin Badgers (2-0): A one spot drop for the Badgers, which makes sense considering they failed to impress in a 31-14 win over Florida Atlantic.
11. Florida State Seminoles (0-1): No game due to the slew of Hurricanes attacking the Southeastern United States, and the Seminoles dropped one spot.
12. LSU Tigers (2-0): No problem for the Tigers in their 45-10 win over Chattanooga, although it doesn’t move them anywhere in the rankings.
13. Georgia Bulldogs (2-0): Wins over Notre Dame, even in South Bend, don’t impress people as much as they used to, with the Bulldogs getting just a 2-spot bump after their 20-19 win.
14. Louisville Cardinals (2-0): Heading into their college gameday showdown with Clemson, the Cards enjoyed another Lamar Jackson show, leading them in a fun, point-filled 47-35 win over North Carolina.
15. Auburn Tigers (1-1): The Tigers couldn’t get anything going against Clemson, losing 14-6 and dropping a couple of spots.
16. Virginia Tech Hokies (2-0): No one was impressed with their 27-0 win against Delaware, and still they climbed up a couple of spots.
17. Miami Hurricanes (1-0): Didn’t play, fell one spot.
18. Kansas State Wildcats (2-0): A 55-7 win over Charlotte didn’t do much, but the Wildcats still climbed two spots.
19. Stanford Cardinal (1-1): A five-spot drop for the Cardinal, who didn’t look very good in their 42-24 loss on the road against USC.
20. TCU Horned Frogs (2-0): A dominant performance for Gary Patterson’s players, beating Arkansas 23-7 Fayetteville.
21. Washington State (2-0): Survived a thriller against Boise State, beating the Broncos 47-44, but dropping one spot because of their narrow win.
22. South Florida Bulls (2-0): Didn’t play, fell one spot.
23. Tennessee Volunteers (2-0): A 42-7 win over Indiana State doesn’t tell us anything about the Vols this season, as they climbed a couple of spots.
24. Florida Gators (0-1): Didn’t play, fell two spots.
25. UCLA Bruins (2-0): The only new entry in the rankings, UCLA beat Hawaii 56-23 to leave enough of an impression.
Dropped from rankings: Notre Dame