While the head of the pack remains the same, Duke made the big impression this week with their win over Louisville, pushing them up to number 2 in the rankings heading into the ACC – Big Ten tournament. Indiana, as expected, keep looking down on the rest of the College Basketball nation.
1. Indiana Hoosiers, 6-0 (47 first place votes) – One overtime win over Georgetown (82-72) and one easy win over Ball State were enough to keep them at number 1 with North Carolina waiting next.
2. Duke Blue Devils, 6-0 (18 first place votes) – Busy week with wins over Minnesota, VCU and Louisville and a big game vs Ohio State coming up next.
3. Michigan Wolvernies, 5-0 – Added a couple of nice wins over Pitt and Kansas State. The Wolfpack await next.
4. Ohio State Buckeyes, 4-0 – Easy week with one lopsided win vs UKMC, now waiting to play Duke.
5. Louisville Cardinals, 5-1 – Two wins over Northern Iowa and Mizzou but lost a close one to Duke. Next tough game is in three weeks at Memphis.
6. Syracuse Orange, 4-0 – Easy wins over Princeton and Colgate, heading into a game at Arkansas.
7. Florida Gators, 7-0 – For now, the top of the SEC. Enjoyed easy wins over Savannah State and UCF before a big game vs Marquette lineup up.
8. Kentucky Wildcats, 4-1 – Gathered two easy wins against Morehead and LIU, with a visit to Notre Dame coming up next.
9. Arizona Wildcats, 3-0 – Didn’t play this week.
10. Kansas Jayhawks, 4-1 – Beat San Jose State 70-57 this week, and have a game vs Oregon State and later Colorado lined up for them.
11. Creighton Bluejays, 6-0 – Picked up two nice wins over Wisconsin and Arizona State this week, with Boise State coming up next.
12. Gonzaga Bulldogs, 6-0 – Busy week with impressive wins vs Clemson, Oklahoma and Davidson.
13. Michigan State Spartans, 5-1 – Struggling to put points on the board (67.5, 194th in the nation); beat Oakland and Louisiana-Lafayette this week; Miami up next.
14. North Carolina Tar Heels, 5-1 – Took it easy after their loss to Butler last week, prepping for a big game vs Indiana in the Big Ten – ACC challenge.
15. Oklahoma State Cowboys, 5-0 – Easy 81-58 over Portland State this week; Have a visit to Virginia Tech coming up next.
16. Missouri Tigers, 5-1 – Beat Stanford and VCU, lost by 23 points to Louisville in the battle 4 Atlantis. Only Appalachian State lineup up this week.
17. Cincinnati Bearcats, 6-0 – The number one rebounding team in the nation enjoyed wins vs Iowa State and Oregon this week; Playing Alabama next.
18. North Carolina State Wolfpack, 5-1 – Had a hard time beating UNC-Asheville this week; Have a tough next couple of games, facing Michigan and Uconn.
19. Colorado Buffaloes, 5-0 – Easy 89-74 win over Air Force this week, with nothing extremely tough coming up until they play Kansas on December 8.
20. Georgetown Hoyas, 4-1 – Rebounded from losing to the Hoosiers by beating Mount St Mary’s; facing Tennessee in the SEC/Big East challenge.
21. Minnesota Golden Gophers, 6-1 – Lost to Duke but followed up with nice wins over Memphis and Stanford; Playing Florida State next.
22. Illinois Fighting Illini, 7-0 – Got wins over Butler and Webber State this week; Playing Georgia Tech next.
23. San Diego State Aztecs, 4-1 – Got wins over Arkansas Pine Bluff and USC this week; A slumping UCLA is up next.
24. UNLV Rebles, 3-1 – Began the week by losing a close one to Oregon, followed by a 12 point win against Iowa State.
25. New Mexico Lobos, 6-0 – Easy wins over Idaho and Portland this week, with nothing really impressive waiting on the horizon.
Dropped from rankings – UCLA, Memphis, Connecticut, Baylor.